Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan
Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan
  

Rev. Alphonse Lemieux

Alphonse was born October 4, 1862 at Ste. Anne de la Pocatiere, Que. After studying Theology at the Quebec seminary, he came out West still a seminarist, and completed his Theology at Reverand Caron's in Regina. He was ordained in this city. In April 1905, he was appointed the fourth priest of Willow Bunch.

Upon his arrival he found the chapel at Bonneauville falling in ruins. He then began the task of constructing a church at a new site. They salvaged lumber from demolishing the old chapel, and it was used to reconstruct a rectory that still stands today. Rev. Lemieux placed the parish on a solid base.

He organized and presided over the construction of the parochial buildings etc. He was very involved in the Willow Bunch Golden Jubilee Celebrations in 1920. He was also responsible for the purchase of a chime of three bells for the parish church. Rev. Lemieux passed away September 18, 1925 and was buried in front of the church.